To identify and pursue new customers, and new opportunities with existing customers. To promote B2B sale of products and services to pharmaceutical companies, pharmacy groups, supermarkets, and adjacent markets.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic awareness and business acumen.
- Highly developed organisational and planning skills.
- Highly skilled with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Advanced negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and win trust with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Customer orientation – establishment and maintenance of effective relationships with customers, internally and externally.
- Team player.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Ability to think systematically.
- Creative flair.
- Commercial acumen.
- Entrepreneurial flair.
- Strongly motivated with high personal initiative.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with pharmaceutical companies, pharmacy groups, supermarkets, and other customers.
- Attend industry conferences and forums as required.
- Maintain strong and productive relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing customer support and manage customer queries and issues.
- Manage customer orders when required.
- Identify new B2B pharmaceutical company, pharmacy, supermarket, and adjacent market customers.
- Onboard new pharmaceutical company, pharmacy, supermarket, and adjacent market customers.
- Manage supply of products to new customers.
- Provide insight driven customer feedback back to the business.
- Meet sales and profitability targets.
Communication & Reporting
- Formally present new product to new and existing customers.
- Report on the effectiveness of product proposals and price promotions.
- Manage sales reporting.
- 3 years’ experience as a key account manager in the pharmaceutical or a similar industry.
- Experience managing national and international accounts.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment such as: pharmacy, hospitals, medicine manufacturing, medicine supply or medical device supply.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Experience in the development, management, and analysis of financial reports.